Gopi Kasturi, M.D., is a board-certified physiatrist specializing in pain management and physical medicine and rehabilitation. After receiving his medical degree from Armed Forces Medical College in Pune, India, Dr. Kasturi completed his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. He then went on to complete a research fellowship at Virginia Commonwealth University and Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond, Virginia.
In addition to neuromusculoskeletal rehabilitation and pain management, Dr. Kasturi has a keen interest in osteoporosis. He has written and lectured extensively on this topic.
Before joining Sierra Pacific Orthopedics, Dr. Kasturi was on staff at the VA hospital in Fresno, California, where he served as chair of the interdisciplinary chronic pain committee and was instrumental in advancing pain management and rehabilitation services to our country’s brave soldiers.
Dr. Kasturi is an associate editor of PM&R the official scientific journal of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R).
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Medical Degree, Armed Forces Medical College
- Residency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, William Beaumont Hospital
- Research Fellowship, Virginia Commonwealth University and Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center
- Board-Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board-Certified, American Board of Pain Medicine
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, International Society for Clinical Densitometry