Dr. Smith received his bachelor of science degree in zoology from Louisiana State University in 1980. He then went on to earn his medical degree from Louisiana State University, Medical School in Shreveport in 1986. Dr. Smith is also fellowship-trained in interventional pain management from the Eastern New Mexico Medical Center.
Dr. Smith completed his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and was chief resident in P.M. & R.
He is a member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians and is board-certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Smith is a member of the Fresno-Madera Medical Society. He has medical licenses in several states outside of California, including New Mexico, Colorado, and Louisiana.
Before joining Sierra Pacific Orthopedics Medical Group, Dr. Smith was in private practice for 15 years. Dr. Smith has also served as a team physician for the U.S. barefoot water ski team.
In his spare time, Dr. Smith enjoys pursuing outdoor activities, such as snow and water skiing and is also an avid guitar player.
Appointments for Dr. Smith may be made by calling (559) 256-0439.
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Medical Degree, Louisiana State University
- Residency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Fellowship, Interventional Pain Management, Eastern New Mexico Medical Center
- Chief Resident, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member, Fresno-Madera Medical Society
- Member, International Spine Intervention Society (ISIS)