Dr. Matthew Knedel is a fellowship-trained adult reconstruction and joint replacement surgeon. Dr. Knedel specializes in the most advanced, minimally invasive techniques in total and partial joint replacement and revision for rapid pain relief and return to function for his patients.
Dr. Knedel received his undergraduate degree in neuroscience from the University of California, Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California, where he also attended the Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California to earn his medical degree. He went on to complete his general surgery internship training and orthopedic surgery residency training at the University of California, San Francisco – Fresno, in Fresno, California.
After completing his residency training, Dr. Knedel completed an additional year of intensive specialty training through an adult joint reconstruction surgery fellowship at Rush University in Chicago, Illinois. With extensive training and experience, Dr. Knedel’s procedural expertise includes minimally invasive total hip and total knee replacement, total hip and total knee revision, and hip and knee injections.
In his free time, Dr. Knedel enjoys spending time with his family and friends. He enjoys cooking and staying active with outdoor sports and activities such as swimming golf and hiking.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Knedel at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics' Herndon Campus, please call (559) 256-5200.
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Undergraduate Degree in Neuroscience, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- Medical Degree, Keck School of Medicine of University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Internship, Preliminary General Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco – Fresno, Fresno, CA
- Fellowship, Adult Reconstruction, Rush University, Chicago, IL
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Member, Northern California Orthopaedic Society