Richard J. Lamour, M.D., is a dual fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon in foot and ankle surgery and sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery. He specializes in foot and ankle arthritis, trauma, and deformity correction in adults.
After completing his undergraduate degree in natural sciences at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, Dr. Lamour received his doctor of medicine degree at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. While in medical school, he volunteered in several indigent clinics in Columbus, Ohio, and helped lead an intensive summer program for high school students interested in medicine, called MD Camp.
Dr. Lamour completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital in south Florida. He also completed advanced fellowship training in orthopedic sports medicine at the Andrews Research and Education Institute in Gulf Breeze, Florida, and training in foot and ankle surgery at the Las Vegas Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Institute in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Dr. Lamour is a consulting physician for the Pensacola Blue Wahoos and for Auburn University Athletics.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Lamour at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics, please call (559) 256-5200.
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Undergraduate Degree, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Medical Degree, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Internship, General Surgery, Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Fellowship, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Andrews Research and Education Institute, Gulf Breeze, FL
- Fellowship, Foot and Ankle Surgery, Las Vegas Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Institute, Las Vegas, NV
- Member, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member, J. Robert Gladden Orthopaedic Society
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Medical Association