According to our joint replacement experts, you may be ready for a hip replacement if you’re experiencing the following:
• You have hip pain that keeps you awake at night
• The pain in your hip prevents you from participating in your favorite recreational activities
• You have stiffness in your hip that limits your ability to move or lift your leg
• You have attempted more conservative methods (i.e. exercise and/or drug therapy) without success
Signs you are NOT ready for a hip replacement include:
• Hip pain that does not limit your routine activities
• You have not attempted more conservative treatment options
• Your symptoms are improving with conservative treatments
Recommendations for hip replacement surgery depend on your individual needs and goals and an evaluation by a joint replacement surgeon that involves your medical history, a physical examination, X-rays, and other tests.
Our joint replacement surgeons at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics specialize in joint replacement procedures, including total hip replacement. If you would like more information regarding hip pain or a total hip replacement, contact our doctors by calling (559) 421-9589 or schedule an appointment online.