Did You Know . . . How to remove a ring that is stuck at home?
First try soap, Windex, or oil.
Should this fail, you could also try this technique:
- Elevate your hand over your head for 5 minutes.
- Pass a long strand of dental floss under the ring.
- Wrap the floss multiple times around the finger tightly working slowly past the swollen knuckle.
- Now unwind the floss under the ring.
- The ring should slowly slide forward over the tight knuckle.
If this trick is unsuccessful, the ring may need to be cut off at a jewelry store or emergency room.
ORTHOPEDIC URGENT CARE & ORTHOPEDIC TELEMEDICINEx