Additional Patient Reviews
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Thaxter, please click below.
Dr. Thaxter graduated from University of California, Berkeley, in 1985 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in biophysics. He earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in 1989.
Dr. Thaxter completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of California at Davis in 1994. He has been board-certified with the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery since 1997.
Dr. Thaxter specializes in arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgeries of the hip and elbow, sports medicine, joint reconstruction of the hip, knee, shoulder, and elbow, and regenerative medicine. He is also a consulting physician for several athletic teams, including Fresno State, Reedley College, and many local high schools.
A native of Fresno, Dr. Thaxter’s interests include spending time with family, playing tennis, traveling, and listening to music.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Thaxter at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics' Herndon Campus, please call (559) 446-0777.
Education, Training and Affiliations
- Medical Degree, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California at Davis
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, California Medical Association
- Member, Fresno-Madera Medical Society
- Member, Lipscomb Orthopaedic Society