Sierra Pacific Orthopedics has opened their second campus, including its own specialized Spine Center at 1270 East Spruce Ave. in Fresno. This center offers convenient patient access to fellowship-trained spine surgeons and physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists. Patients…
Henry E. Aryan, M.D., F.A.A.N.S., F.A.C.S., is a board-certified neurosurgeon who completed a fellowship in the surgical and nonsurgical treatment of complex spinal disorders and neurospinal oncology at UC San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center in the departments of Neurosurgery and Orthopaedics. A California native, Dr. Aryan received his undergraduate degree in cybernetics, with highest honors, from UCLA. He then went on to medical school at UC Irvine and neurosurgery residency at UC San Diego prior to his fellowship at UCSF.
Dr. Aryan specializes in complex spine surgery, surgery in the elderly, revision spine surgery, surgery for spinal tumors, minimally invasive spine surgery, spine artificial disc placement, spinal radiosurgery, as well as robotic-guided spine surgery. In addition, he performs surgery for degenerative spine disease, spinal deformity, scoliosis, spine trauma, and metastatic disease. The procedures he routinely performs include anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF), lumbar/cervical artificial disc placement, lumbar fusion (TLIF, XLIF, ALIF), microdiscectomy, laminectomy, and anterior/posterior spinal instrumented fusion of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine.
Dr. Aryan is a member of numerous national and international professional organizations and societies. He is past chief of staff at Fresno Surgical Hospital and holds an academic appointment of clinical professor of neurosurgery at UC San Francisco. He has authored over 75 peer-reviewed publications, written several book chapters, and is the author of several textbooks on spine and brain disorders. He is also a member of INCA (International Neurosurgery Children's Association) and ISBF (International Spine & Brain Foundation), charitable organizations dedicated to providing free pediatric neurosurgical care abroad.
When not caring for patients, Dr. Aryan enjoys spending quality time with his family.
Dr. Aryan is available to see patients at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics' Spruce Campus. To schedule an appointment with him, please call (559) 256-1030.
Education & Training
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Medical Degree, University of California, Irvine
- Internship, General Surgery, University of California, San Diego
- Residency, Neurosurgery, University of California, San Diego
- Fellowship, Complex Spinal Surgery and Neurospinal Oncology, University of California, San Francisco
- Diplomate, American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Founding Member, International Neurosurgery Children's Association
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Western Neurosurgical Society (WNS)
- Founding Member, Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (SMISS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- California Medical Association (CMA)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Federation for Medical Research (AFMR)
- California Association of Neurological Surgeons (CANS)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- AANS/CNS Section on Neurotrauma and Critical Care
- AANS/CNS Section on Tumors
- AANS/CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves
Licensure and Certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Certified
- California State Medical License, Renewed and Unrestricted
- United States Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) License, Renewed and Unrestricted
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery, Certified
- CyberKnife® Radiosurgery, Certified
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Certified
- C-Arm Fluoroscopy, Certified
From Dr. Aryan:
Our mission is to provide our patients with the safest, most effective, and most technologically advanced treatments of spine disorders.
We are dedicated to providing our patients with cutting-edge neurosurgical treatments that focus on robotic-guided and minimally invasive techniques to restore function and treat pain in the most effective manner.
Dr. Aryan Specializes In:
- Evaluation and Management of Spinal Disorders
- Surgery for Spinal Disorders
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Robotic-Guided Spine Surgery
- Treatment of Failed Previous Surgery and Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Arthroplasty (Artificial Disc Placement and Removal)
- Evaluation and Treatment of Work-Related Spine Injuries
- Clinical Research
- Patient Education
In addition, Dr. Aryan works closely with his colleagues to provide his patients with:
- Advanced Pain Management
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Chiropractic Services
- Disability Management
- Rehabilitation Services
- Aquatic and Hydro Therapy
- Nutritional Services
- Imaging Services (CT/MRI/PET/Discogram/Myelography)
- Electrodiagnostic Studies (EMG/NCS/SSEP)
Dr. Aryan is actively engaged in clinical research in the following areas:
- Spinal Fusion Surgery Without Iliac Crest Harvest
- Revision Surgery Following Microdiscectomy
- PEEK Spacers for Intervertebral Fusion
- Expandable Cages for Vertebral Reconstruction
- Cervical Arthroplasty
- Occipitocervical Fusion for Rheumatoid Disease
- Total En Bloc Spondylectomy for Primary Tumors of the Spine
- Robotic-Guided Spine Surgery
“Very personable. Explained test results thoroughly and encouraged questions. ”
– Jeanna D.Patient Rating:
Chris Ellis, P.A.-C.
David Kunz, P.A.-C.