As school districts and athletic leagues prepare to resume practices after COVID-19 closures, the specialty-trained sports medicine doctors at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics offer guidance for protecting the health and safety of local student-athletes. Athletes or parents and guardians seeking…
Dr. Robert Gousse is a fellowship-trained primary care sports medicine doctor. Dr. Gousse specializes in nonoperative and interventional treatments as well as preventative care for bone, joint, and muscle injuries and conditions.
Dr. Gousse graduated from Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, with two bachelor of science degrees. He earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa, Florida, where he went on to receive his general surgery internship training at USF Health.
After completing his family medicine residency in Memphis, Tennessee, at St. Francis Hospital, Dr. Gousse underwent a year-long fellowship in sports medicine at the Campbell Clinic, both of which were affiliated with The University of Tennessee Health Science Center. He is exceptionally trained and experienced in optimizing health and performance through a broad range of the latest conservative and minimally invasive sports medicine treatments, including ultrasound-guided injections, laceration repair, peripheral nerve blocks, and radiofrequency pain treatments.
Dr. Gousse’s interests include health, fitness, nutrition, music, and college football, and he enjoys martial arts, traveling, and cooking in his spare time.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Gousse at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics's Clovis Campus, please call (559) 256-5200.
Education & Training
Education, Training, Affiliations, and Awards
- Undergraduate Degrees in Psychology and Sociology, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
- Medical Degree, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
- Internship, General Surgery, USF Health, Tampa, FL
- Residency, Family Medicine, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, St. Francis Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Campbell Clinic, Memphis, TN
- Member, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Second Year Resident Teaching Award, June 2015
- STFM Third Year Resident Teaching Award, June 2016
- Outstanding Graduating Resident Award, June 2016
- Chief Resident Award, June 2016
“Dr. Gousse took my appointment via Zoom on short notice, which I appreciated. He prescribed the proper medication and helped me on a Friday to make me feel better for the weekend. I appreciate all his help.”
– Carlos L.Patient Rating:
Krista Celestin, P.A.-C.