We are excited to announce that Dr. Lance Larsen and Dr. Mark Sison now offer PainTEQ’s breakthrough LinQ procedure to our patients experiencing…
Lance Larsen, M.D.
As a fellowship-trained pain management specialist, Dr. Lance Larsen has dedicated his practice to providing evidence-supported treatments for patients experiencing chronic pain due to conditions such as complex regional pain syndrome and migraine disorders. He specializes in taking a multidisciplinary approach that includes interventions, non-opioid medications, physical therapy, pain psychology, and complementary and alternative treatments, like yoga and acupuncture as well as home exercise programs.
After graduating from the University of Notre Dame with his Bachelor of Science degree, Dr. Larsen earned his medical degree at the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine in St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles. He completed his residency in anesthesiology at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Following his residency training, Dr. Larsen underwent additional training in pain management through a fellowship at Stanford University Medical Center in Palo Alto, California.
Dr. Larsen has extensive experience in performing spinal injections; peripheral nerve blocks, ablation, and stimulation; spinal cord stimulation; and sympathetic nerve blocks. He is committed to working with each patient to develop a personalized treatment plan that meets their individual needs and goals and gets them back to their highest quality of life.
In addition to his medical commitments, Dr. Larsen enjoys reading, fantasy baseball, and spending time with his family as well as playing tennis, chess, guitar, and recreational softball and basketball.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Larsen at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics’ Spruce Campus, please call (559) 256-5200.
Education & Training
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Undergraduate Degree in Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- Medical Degree, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles
- Residency, Anesthesiology, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- Fellowship, Pain Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Board-Certified, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Member, American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Member, California Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member, North American Neuromodulation Society
- Medical Staff Associate, Fresno Surgical Hospital
- Medical Staff Associate, Saint Agnes Medical Center
- Medical Staff Associate, Summit Surgical
“Dr. Larsen was professional and kind. He listened thoroughly to my concerns, answered both my husband's and my questions, and clearly provided treatment options.”
– Jane G.Patient Rating: