Larry B. Guinto, M.D.
As a board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist, Dr. Larry Guinto is highly trained and skilled in a wide array of interventional and minimally invasive techniques for the back, neck, and spine. His expertise includes spine steroid injections, nerve blocks, ultrasound-guided injections, and electrodiagnostic procedures.
Dr. Guinto earned his bachelor’s degree in biology from UC San Diego and then graduated cum laude from St. George’s University School of Medicine in Grenada, West Indies, with his Doctor of Medicine degree. Following this, he moved to Brooklyn to complete an internal medicine preliminary internship at The Brooklyn Hospital Center and a physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center.
Dedicating an additional year to advanced training, Dr. Guinto finished an interventional spine and sports medicine fellowship at OSS Health in York, Pennsylvania. He is also board-certified by the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
In his practice, Dr. Guinto engages his patients in a team decision-making process that enables each patient to leave their encounters more educated and aware of their options as well as knowing that their care will be provided in a safe and efficient manner. He believes every patient’s journey is valuable and makes it a priority to keep each patient at ease before, during, and after their procedure.
Outside of seeing patients, Dr. Guinto enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, and cooking as well as staying active by cycling and strength training.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Guinto at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics’ Spruce Campus, please call (559) 256-5200.
Education & Training
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Undergraduate Degree in Biology, UC San Diego, CA
- Medical Degree, St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada, West Indies
- Internal Medicine Preliminary Internship, The Brooklyn Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Residency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Fellowship, Interventional Spine and Sports Medicine, OSS Health, York, PA
- Member, Spine Intervention Society
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, North American Neuromodulation Society
- Member, American Society of Pain & Neuroscience
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Member, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
“Dr. Guinto was incredibly engaging and informative about the need for the EMG and the process. This eased my mind in a room of unusual sounds and sensations. I was treated as a person as well as a patient.”
– Vernon J.Patient Rating: