Our very own Dr. Connor Telles was published in the Global Spine Journal! His study, "The Pedicles Are Not the Densest Regions of the Lumbar Vertebrae: Implications for Bone Quality Assessment and Surgical Treatment Strategy," determined the bone density of lumbar vertebral…
Connor J. Telles, M.D.
Connor J. Telles, M.D., is a Fresno native who is thrilled to be practicing in the Central Valley. Son of local cardiologist Dr. John Telles, Dr. Connor Telles is a board-certified orthopedic spine surgeon in Fresno, California.
After graduating from San Joaquin Memorial High School, Dr. Telles attended Dartmouth College in New Hampshire. While at Dartmouth, Dr. Telles rowed on the crew team and studied abroad in Puebla, Mexico. In 2001, Dr. Telles graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in engineering. He then completed both his medical school training and orthopedic surgery residency at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut. In 2012, Dr. Telles completed a spine surgery fellowship at Stanford University and St. Mary’s Spine Center in San Francisco.
In his free time, Dr. Telles enjoys mountain and road biking, water and snow skiing, hunting and fishing, playing tennis, and exploring the Sierras. His wife, Kristin, is a teacher. Together, they have two young children and a beloved Labrador Retriever.
Dr. Telles’ practice at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics includes adolescent and adult cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine surgery. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Telles at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics' Spruce Campus, please contact his office at (559) 256-5393.
Education & Training
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Undergraduate Degree, Engineering, Dartmouth College
- Medical Degree, Yale University School of Medicine
- Internship, General Surgery, Yale Department of General Surgery
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, Yale Department of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship, Orthopedic Spine Surgery, Stanford University St. Mary’s Spine Center Combined Spine Surgery Fellowship
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Fresno-Madera Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North American Spine Society
- AO Spine North America
“They are very professional. Treatments, for me, have been the best. I have never had a problem. Dr. Telles and the staff have always treated me well. I am always happy with them.”
– Jose L.Patient Rating:
Todd Braner, M.S., P.A.-C.
Simon Dougherty, P.A.-C.