Dr. Robert Simons is a board-certified neurosurgeon who specializes in providing world-class care for the back, neck, and spine as well as neurological problems. He is an expert at assessing, diagnosing, and treating a wide array of injuries and conditions, from tumors and aneurysms to herniated discs and back pain. With decades of experience, Dr. Simons is committed to providing each of his patients with an exceptional experience as well as the personalized care they need to get back to living the life they love.
After earning his undergraduate degree in philosophy from the University of California in Berkeley, Dr. Simons attended medical school at Saint Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri, graduating with his Doctor of Medicine degree. He went on to complete a rotating internship as well as a neurosurgery and general surgery residency at the University of Oregon in Eugene.
Dr. Simons is highly skilled at performing a multitude of advanced treatments, procedures, and techniques. His areas of expertise include intracranial surgery, Gamma Knife radiosurgery, spinal surgery, microdiscectomy, microsurgery, and eXtreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF).
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Simons at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics’ Spruce Campus, please call (559) 256-5200.
Education & Training
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Undergraduate Degree in Philosophy, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Medical Degree, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Internship, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
- Residency, Neurosurgery and General Surgery, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
- Board-Certified, American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, American College of Surgeons
- Member, California Association of Neurological Surgeons
“I felt Dr. Simons was very thorough. He took his time and made me feel as though he cared. When I told him my symptoms, he listened and asked me questions. It felt good to finally see a doctor who understood that I was really in pain and not have to Zoom in where doctors can’t touch those spots that are hurting. I have been in severe pain for five months and felt Dr. Simons took his time. ”
– Cindy G.Patient Rating: