Additional Patient Reviews
To view more patient reviews and ratings for Dr. Majors, please click below.
Dr. Alexander Majors was born and raised in Fresno, California. After graduating from Bullard High School in 1988, he attended the University of California at Berkeley, where he received an undergraduate degree in psychology before deciding to pursue a career in medicine.
Dr. Majors completed medical school at Saint George’s University and his General Surgery residency at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. He then completed a fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. Dr. Majors is a diplomat in the American Board of Surgery, he is also a Fellow in the American College of Surgeons. He has obtained a Certificate of Added Qualification for Surgery of the Hand, and is an active member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand.
Dr. Majors, Dr. Johnson, and Dr. Tanner utilize a team approach to care for a variety of throwing and upper extremity athletic injuries, combining diagnostic imaging, surgical intervention, and outstanding on-site athletic training and physical therapy. They are the team hand surgeons for the Fresno State Bulldogs, The Fresno Pacific Sunbirds, and the Fresno City Rams. These three physicians are also volunteer faculty members for the UCSF Orthopedic residency program in Fresno.
Dr. Majors specializes in disorders of the hand, wrist, and forearm, frequently treating acute or chronic injuries of the worker or athlete.
As a native of the Central Valley, Dr. Majors enjoys a variety of outdoor activities including cycling, skiing, and tennis. He spends most of his free time with his wife and three children.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Majors at Sierra Pacific Orthopedics' Herndon Campus, please call (559) 256-1639.
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Medical Degree, St. George’s University
- Internship, General Surgery, East Tennessee State University
- Residency, General Surgery, East Tennessee State University
- Residency, General Surgery, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Fellowship, Hand and Microsurgery, University of Southern California
- Active Member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Diplomate, American Board of Surgery
- Member, Fresno-Madera Medical Society
- Member, California Medical Association
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons